365telugu.com online news,India,november 1st,2021:Amazon announced today that its month-long Great Indian Festival (GIF) has seen the biggest ever shopping celebration for its sellers and brand partners on Amazon.in, bringing happiness to millions of customers across the country. GIF started during midnight of October 2 with Prime Early Access and went live for all customers on October 3. Customers loved the crores of product selection from sellers on Amazon.in including unique products from lakhs of Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs).
“We are truly humbled to see how this festive season has brought joy to lakhs of sellers on Amazon.in with many becoming Lakhpatis and Crorepatis. We also witnessed great participation from over 360K MSME buyers on Amazon Business this festive season. We take pride in being a part of their growth journey while enabling them to get back on track, and safely deliver #KhushiyonKeDibbe to our customers during this festive season. As for our customers, we remain committed to helping them find everything they need on Amazon.in, with a wide variety of selection across categories, top brands, and fast delivery,” said Manish Tiwary, Vice President, Amazon India.
“We joined Amazon through the Local Shops program in July’21. During GIF, we have crossed over 1.5 lacs in sales for our gourmet Vero Arabica coffee capsules from across Mumbai. We are now shipping out our orders so that customers get them Pronto! A big thanks to Amazon for helping us to bounce back and ensuring we have a great Diwali,” said Vijay Waghela, Business Head Vero Coffee, Mumbai.
“During the pandemic, while I was struggling to keep my business afloat, I decided to launch my brand Rooted Peepul on Amazon’s online marketplace. As my brand deals with gourmet spices, it was quite stretching to reach the right audience. Amazon has been of great support to me during these 1.5 years and I witnessed a 1.5x increase in sales during the Great Indian Festival. I am thankful to Amazon for their perseverance and for encouraging women entrepreneurs like me sail through during these difficult times. I am confident that Rooted Peepul will soon be a well-known and established brand with Amazon’s help,” said SheezaKazmi- Co- Founder Rooted Peepul.
“We are glad to have associated with Amazon during the festive season as a marketplace to show off our latest tech innovations as well as to offer enticing deals to our consumers. Response for the #AmazonGreatIndianFestival from our boAtheads has been very positive as they continued to shower us with their love. We are happy to have associated with Amazon to deliver as per their high expectations,” said Co-founder and CMO, boat- Aman Gupta.
Overall scale, reach and customer response
- Bharat shops safely on Amazon.in – Customers from 99.7% pin codes shopped during the month-long celebrations.
- More customers shopped on Amazon.in than ever before, with 79% of new customers coming from tier 2 & 3 towns like Ernakulam, Guntur, Krishna, Godavari and more.
- Customers experienced the Great Indian Festival in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada and the newly launched Bangla and Marathi along with voice shopping in Hindi and English.
Prime continues to thrill customers
- Prime members from 98.7% pin codes of India shopped during the festive season.
- Prime continues to be a customer favourite with 3 out of 5 signups coming from beyond the metros like Nalgonda, Chandrapur, Alwar, Hassan, Bijnor, Malda and Itanagar.
- 1 out of 2 Prime members who shopped during the festive season are from tier 2 & 3 towns.
Great Indian Festival ‘Sellerbrations’
Local Shops on Amazon:
- Local Shops on Amazon sellers clocked a 2x spike andsold over 10 products every minute.
- Top performing sellers under the Local Shops on Amazon program include SMILE- BOX, Liteon Bangalore, HomeUPS Chennai (Kitchen- Inverters & Batteries), Peps Industries (Mattress) and E-Sales India (Washing Machine, Refrigerator, AC, TV).
- Most loved products from Local shops sellers include Front load washing machines, Refrigerators, LED TV’s, Inverter Batteries, Dish-washers, Soap dispensers, JK Copier Paper and Organic Rock Salt.
- Most loved categories from Local Shops on Amazon include Major Appliances, Kitchen, Home Entertainment (TV’s), Furniture, Home, Lawn & Garden, Grocery.
- Start-ups and brands associated with Amazon Launchpad program sold a unique product every 2.5 seconds.
- Most loved categories from Amazon Launchpad include Gifts hampers, Specialty Lighting, Health & Wellness, Women’s Sarees and Speakers.
- Most loved start-ups and brands from Amazon Launchpad include Springfit Enjoy Stress Free Sleep, Sleepsutraa, Desidiya, GOODAIR, Navlik.
- Most loved categories from the Amazon Saheli program include Apparel, Jewellery and Shoes.
- Top sellers in Amazon Saheli included Vastra Fusion, Benavji and Satpurush.
- Top sellers in the Amazon Karigar program were JH Gallery – Rajasthani Handicraft, Odisha Handloom – Saree, Mansi Enterprise – wooden craft and side tables.
- Most loved art forms were SambalpuriIkkat, Banarasi weave, RajasthaniKatputli and Wooden Craft.
- Most loved product types were sarees for the festive season and figurines for home décor.
Customers shopped for everything big and small
- Bharat gets ready for 5G – More than 84% of mid range segment of smartphones bought on Amazon.in were 5G ready.
- More than 10 Lakh customers purchased a smartphone on Amazon.in for the first time.
- 1 in 6 smartphones and 1 out of 4 TVs sold during this time had Alexa Built in or worked with Alexa.
- More than 120 audio products were purchased every minute.
- Vlogging continued to be the trend this festive season with vlogging cameras and tripods gaining popularity from top brands.
- Consumer interest in securing their homes with smart security cameras piqued this season with more security cameras being bought than before from top brands.
- 5 routers/ extenders were bought every minute during the festive season; More than 10 Storage device every minute.
- Our customers indulged their green thumbs this festive season, with more than 1 Lakh customers purchasing gardening products like plant pots, gardening tools, soil supplements and more from Amazon for the first time.
- Fitness continued to be a customer favourite with cycling being the new trend as Electric bikes and Shimano geared bikes were among the most purchased.
- Customer shopped across Women’s Ethnic wear, Men’s shoes, Men’s t-shirts & bottom wear, Women’s Tops, Gold Jewellery and Kid’s Apparel.
- Grooming continued to be a customer favourite this festive season with more than 65% of total orders attributed to Skincare, Haircare & Styling products.
- In Apparel, we saw a shift from WFH essentials to festive clothing like Women’s Kurti’s, Women’s ethnic wear, Men’s t-shirts.
- Gold jewellery was a favourite with customers buying Gold coins, pendants, earrings, rings, necklaces and more this festive season.
- Customers bought 6.7 units per second from basket building grocery formats during GIF.
- Customers loved shopping for cooking essentials – every 10 seconds, customers bought atleast one unit of sugar, oil or pulses.
- Eating healthy was the mantra this festive season – While customers shopped for Staples & packaged food, they also loved shopping fruits & vegetables, with at least one in every three baskets carrying a fruit or vegetable.
- Baby care trends continued with customer purchasing over 30 diapers and 6 wet wipes packs every minute.
- More customers bought Amazon Echo, Fire TV & Kindle devices during Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 than the entire population of Iceland.
- Amazon Echo and Fire TV range of devices continue to be a customer favourite this festive season. Echo Dot (3rd Gen) and Fire TV Stick (3rd Gen) were among the top 10 selling products on Amazon.in during this time.
- Alexa is making Indian homes smarter– 7 out of 10 customers who bought an Amazon Echo device this festive season also bought a smart home device like a smart bulb or a smart plug.
- Alexa Devices are making their way across the country – Over 55% of Echo, Fire TV and Kindle buyers came from smaller cities such as Coimbatore, Faridabad, Ludhiana, Patna, Salem, Nagpur during Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021.
- Alexa answered over 36MM requests during the Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 to guide customers to product searches, event stores, deals, games, information about products and more on the Amazon Android shopping app.
- First day of the Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 saw the highest single day Alexa requests on the Amazon.in android app for navigating customers on the app and helping them with utility bill payments.
- Number of customers doing fast and convenient bill payments/recharges using Alexa was 3X more than an average business day this festive season.
- Customers placed 17X more orders than an average business day using their Alexa devices for products like smart blubs and smart plugs during this time.
- On Echo devices, Alexa addressed thousands of requests on festivals and puja related queries during Durga Puja and Navratri.
- One in every 6 smartphone and one in every 7-smartwatch sold during Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 was Alexa built-in.
- One in every 4 TVs bought on Amazon.in during this festive season was Alexa enabled.
SMBs saved more with Amazon Business
- Customers loved the specially curated business deals during GIF as we witnessed participation from over 360K MSME buyers on Amazon Business.
- Overwhelming response from businesses in Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets with 55% of orders coming from these markets.
- More than 46% increase in new MSMEs who created a business account with Amazon Business during the Great Indian Festival as compared to 2020.
- Customers bought over 15K products from specially curated stores like Corporate Gifting, Work From Home, Back to Work stores designed to meet the various needs of business customers.
Customers could afford more and saved big
- This festive season, shopping on Amazon was made affordable by enabling EMI options across 25 banks and NBFC partners.
- Customers saw offers from 10 Banks and 1 Payment Partner (RuPay), making the offers accessible to 75% of India’s Credit Card Base and 80% of India’s Debit Card Base.
- 3 out of every 4 EMIs were no cost EMI.
- Every 7 out of 10 Shoppers had access to credit through products like Amazon Pay Later, Debit Card EMI, Credit Cared EMI and NBFC EMI.
- 1.2X more customers shopped using Amazon pay credit offerings compared to last year.
- Amazon Pay Later completed 3 MM registrations during GIF.
- 3 out of 4 EMI shoppers came from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- 2.6X more customers signed up for credit instruments (Amazon Pay Later, Amazon Pay ICICI co-branded credit card) compared to regular days.
- Customers loved the ease and convenience of shopping using the Amazon Pay ICICI co-branded credit card in GIF 2021. Continued interest and engagement from customers, with over 175k new Amazon Pay ICICI Bank CBCC issued; 1 in 2 customers using credit cards to shop, used Amazon Pay ICICI Bank CBCC.
- 1 out of every 2 cards Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Co Brand credit card has been used to shop on Amazon.in during the GIF.